Thursday, May 29, 2008

I don't want to complain. I don't like to complain. However, I feel pretty blah right now...so if my writing seems odd, blame it on my pounding headache.

Today is the day I get to see the 'Sex and the City' movie! I am excited beyond words. I watched the trailer a few times over this morning which got me more and more excited about the whole thing. I want to get all glammed up for the movie and cannot figure out what to wear. This is a real event to me. I know that may seem pathetic to some, the fact that I feel a strong desire to get dressed up for a movie, but honestly, I don't care much.

Now, again, I am not trying to complain, but I kinda wish I was going to the movie with some girl friends. I wish I had a bunch of girl friends that were as close to me as Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda are to each other. However, I have never really had good girl friends. I've been friends with girls, and don't get me wrong I did enjoy it...But I never felt I had a group I could depend on. I am sure that much of it was due to my lack of trust, and my inability to get excited about every little "girly" thing (ironically I often am the 'girly' one of the group)....Hmm...Come to think of it there have been times when I was close with one girl at a time. But since a little after high school there have not really been any close girlfriends like that in my life. It is something I desire though. Something that I want to work on. Girls need their girl friends, and I am sure that I would feel a more balanced person if I had those sorts of relationships.

So, here's my question to all of you out there. Either it is just something you can think about, or something you can leave a comment about. I, personally, am rather reserved and slightly shy when it comes to meeting new people, not because I don't like people, but because I don't think people will find me interesting most of the time. I am not working right now (in between jobs) and I am not going to school, so how, in a situation like mine, do you meet people and make new friends? (Oh, and I don't like the bar!) Then, once you have made friends with someone, how do you create a stronger and closer relationship with them??

Something for me to think about I suppose.

No comments: