Sunday, July 13, 2008

Books, books, books...

I have been receiving pressure from my lovely fiance to read more instead of sitting at home and not accomplishing much. It's pressure that I appreciate though. Really, what harm could come from reading more?

A lot of my reading over the past few months has been wedding related and Jeff has been encouraging me to branch out and read other things. I have also been on a crafting book kick lately. Trying to find projects to entertain my mind, and inspire some creativity.

Since the time we have been together (almost a year and a half) I think I have only read one fiction book in it's entirety. (One which I later recommended to Jeff to read and he loved). However, Jeff thinks I would get some enjoyment reading more fiction, which I completely agree with. So, to get myself motivated to find books that interest me and spark my imagination (possibly encouraging me to write as well!) I was considering re-reading books I once loved, but I still was not sure where to start. Then one day to my surprise there was a 'Chapters' shopping bag sitting on the sofa with a book comprising the entire 'Weetzie Bat' series (minus the newest one). The series is one which I read as a teenager and loved at that stage in my life. It is a series which most certainly will keep me entertained and will spark some creativity. So, over the next while I will be getting back to reading, thanks to the generosity of my fiance, and hopefully getting back to writing again as well!

1 comment:

Kindra said...

Hey Toni!
A fiction book I read and loved earlier this year was "The Time Traveler's Wife"...I passed it on to Steve and he's really enjoying it as well. It's super creative and a wonderful love story.