Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just over one month to go....

It's almost my wedding day, and I cannot believe it is almost here. There are still a lot of last minute details to be worked out, but everything is going swimmingly.

Looking back, I always though I would get married when I was about 25. But I don't remember thinking much about the specifics of my wedding. I know that most girls dream of what their wedding day will be like, what kind of dress they will wear, what the cake will look like, what their first dance will be to, things like that. I never thought of those things, and I am glad that I didn't. This way I have been free to do what I want, and what my fiance wants, and we have not had to rely on living up to a "dream" we once had. We only need to live up to the desires we have now, and what works for both of our styles, and our budget.

Our wedding is slightly low-key. Which is sorta the way I am I suppose. It is going to be glamorous and unique, not over the top, not typical, but still classic and romantic. Just the way I want it.

Besides the wedding planning. there really isn't much going on in my life. And that is not because I am obsessive when it comes to my wedding. It's just the way life is working out these days. I'm not working still (which is getting slightly annoying), so there is nothing work related in my life...although I am constantly looking and applying for jobs. There is also little time spent with family or friends lately....I've begun to grow distant I suppose to some of the people who were once close with me. It's again, not been intentional, but I suppose I should get back on the friendship band wagon. I am sure it would be good for my emotional and mental health.

I've been feeling the need for a project, and have not really been feeling the motivation towards anything. I am sure that something will come to me sooner or later. Maybe I will need to force myself to just do something, some sort of project to get me going. I've been considering volunteering, just so I can myself out of the house and back into the real world. It's probably a good idea, and I should look into something that interests me a little more.

So, that's life right now. Really rather dull, and in the need of some spice.

No comments: