Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blah, blah, blah day....

Have you ever had a day where you could not bring yourself to do much of anything? Have you ever dragged your feet and only completed task if absolutely necessary? Your desire to stay in bed, not get dressed, not shower, or even eat was so strong that you hardly moved...Now, I am not talking about those days when something tragic has happened and you feel down. No, I am talking about the days when life is good, but for some odd reason you just feel like curling up into a ball and staying tucked in your cozy bed forever.

Today that is me.

However, for some reason unbeknown to me, I am sitting here writing. Perhaps there is something inside of me, the want-to-be-writer, that is the only desire left in me today. Perhaps it is the fact I am attempting to prepare myself for the evening of work I will soon be leaving for (ugh, night shift). Whatever it may be, I am here and I am writing. There are thoughts in my head that are being typed into this blog. They are my words, and my thoughts. And even in the feeling of 'blah' today they are there, forming some amount of understanding and creating something for others to see, to read, to think upon.

On those blah-est of days, what is it that makes you still do something? A desire to care for your family, a longing to be famous, a wanting for something more, a passion to create?

No comments: